Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Test: Only 17

A__1__ c__2__ my mind. I am a s__3__. When I first got here I felt very much alone. I was o__4__ by grief.

I found no s__5__. I saw only thousands of others whose bodies were as badly m__6__ as mine. I was given a number and placed in a c__7__ called "Traffic F__8__."

It doesn't matter how the accident happened. I was g__9__off --- going too fast, taking crazy chances. But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun. Glass and steel flew everywhere. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out. I heard myself scream.

Suddenly, I awakened. I was s__10__ with blood. Later I was placed in a drawer. My f__11__ came to identify me. Why did they have to see me like this? Why did I have to look at Mom's eyes when she faced the most terrible o__12__ of her life?

The f__13__ was weird. I saw all my r__14__ and friends walk toward the c__15__. They Some of my buddies were crying. A few of the girls touched my hand and s__16__ as they walked by. My brother and sister are like z__17__.

Please, don't b__18__ me! I'm not dead! IAll I want is one more chance. Please, God, I'm only 17.

No comments: